Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A Perfect Day

There are so many memories bouncing around my mind at all times, I'm constantly looking for moments with Bobby to hold onto. There's a specific day that stands out, a perfect day from this past summer.

It was late June in McCall, a handful of family members were spending a couple of weeks at the lake house to celebrate the 4th of July. I had finally gotten a day off and was very excited to have my family in town. We spent the day in the lake; laying around on tubes, enjoying the sun, and just hangin' out.

Our uncle loaded everyone into the boat and we headed to Shore Lodge until the sun went down. They have one of those huge water trampolines which was instantly calling our names. King of the trampoline began almost immediately. We took turns launching our little cousin off the 'blob' and pushed each other into the water... laughing uncontrollably the entire afternoon. On the side of the trampoline there is this long inflated arm type thing, it was plastic, flimsy and extremely slippery. We took turns seeing who could run and make it the furthest before falling off into the water. We laughed so hard that day, it was a blast. We were all exhausted so we hit the pool and played with my waterproof camera, trying to take pictures of each other underwater was way too entertaining.

That night we roasted marshmallows and stayed up late watching movies. It was the perfect summer day. I remember Bobby smiling, laughing, goofing off and having fun. I'm so thankful for that day, and for McCall where we had so many fun times with him. Our grandparents bought the lake house 16 years ago,when Bobby was just a baby. Every year since then, we have grown up spending lots of time together there.

I will always picture Bobby in McCall. If there was snow on the ground he was out back building jumps with Luke or flying down the driveway on a flimsy orange sled. If the lake wasn't frozen, he'd be in the water or persistently asking grandpa to take us tubing behind the boat. I can practically hear his laugh when I picture him trying to stay on the tiny green tube, or trying to jump onto Luke's tube without falling in.  Numerous times he'd be passed out in the t.v. room after a long night of channel surfing with the guys or hiding under the blankets when mom came around for the wake-up call. I'll think of him on the 4th of July, setting off an impressive display of illegal fireworks with Luke and Jake... one year they tossed the used fireworks into the fire pit-- and as we were all gathered around making s'mores, one of them came back to life and popped off right next to Bobby. It burnt off some of his leg hair and melted part of his basketball shorts. Boys will be boys.

McCall has always been a special part of my life, even more so now. I'm so thankful for all of the fun weekends and many memories made there. Bobby loved spending time in McCall, I'm so happy for the times I had with him this summer and throughout the past 16 years. If they go boating in heaven, that will be at the top of my list with Bobby.



















No comments:

Post a Comment